Best Vista Bar: Tin RoofBy Suze Garcia-Stam
Nominations for Best of Carolina 2022 are now open! Nominate your favorites now at garnetmedia.org/bestofcarolina and follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on voting and winners!
Hours: Sunday-Saturday: 4 p.m. until 11 p.m.
$ Google Price Rating
Located between Main Street and the Congaree River, the Vista is a popular district of Columbia that has an energetic, diverse spirit. With dining, entertainment and art, it’s the perfect place to take the family when they come to visit or go for a nice night out.
Tin Roof is a shotgun bar with a shack vibe that serves American-style pub food. They offer live music and daily specials such as:
- Mondays: $8 cheesesteak & 16-ounce domestic drafts
- Taco Tuesdays: $1 off tacos, $4 margaritas and $3 Coronas
- Wednesdays: $3 Gatorade, Fireball, and Rumple, plus $8 hot chicken sandwiches and 16-ounce domestic drafts
- Thursdays: $3 wells, $4 Fireball, $6 domestic pitchers and $6 bombs
- Sunday Fundays: $8 mimosa pitchers, $4 Jager bombs and $3 Rumple
Happy Hour is Monday to Friday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. and includes specials like $3 domestic drafts, $3 wells, $1 off Tito’s, Captain and Jack and half-off appetizers.
Students love the deals, and Columbia residents and visitors love the laidback vibe and live music. Tin Roof can be found full of people any night and especially during game days. Their website shows all the weekly activities they have planned like trivia nights, bingo, DJs and more.
With Tin Roof’s notable specials and enjoyable atmosphere for all, it’s no surprise they were voted the 2021 best Vista bar!